Tutorial 5: Advanced Topics
Tools keep evolving as the community builds more stuff. We have since published some video tutorials:
- Ben’s Segmentation Tutorial. Ben (@Hari_Seldon on Discord) goes into great detail on how to do segmenting.
- JP’s Segmentation Party. JP does a bunch of segmentation.
There are several work-in-progress tutorials and docs for various programs that we recommend checking out:
- Volume Cartographer’s Apps and Utilities page. Also be sure to check out the various other docs in this directory.
- Data Processing Workflow doc which is in the ink-id repo, but is mostly about Volume Cartographer and segmentation. Also goes into how to do alignment (”registration”) of infrared photos of the fragments, and how to create binary ink labels.
- Quick Segment has a built in tutorial which you can find when going to “Help” (in the menu bar) => “Tutorial”. Do note that Quick Segment only works on thumbnail volumes (e.g.
/volumes/) and then scaled up using
vc_transform_mesh. Ask around in Discord to learn more.